86th cruise of the research vessel "Akademik Mstislav Keldysh"
In October-November 2021, the 86th cruise of the research vessel "Akademik Mstislav Keldysh" to the Arctic took place,
The purpose of the cruise was to study the thermohaline structure and dynamics of hydrological processes in the Kara Sea.
- Measurement of the speed of sea currents at a depth of 16 m in the direction of the vessel;
- Measurement of the thermohaline structure of the surface layer of the sea in the direction of the vessel;
- Measurement of the thermohaline structure of the sea from surface to bottom at anchored stations;
- Taking water samples at various vertical horizons at hydrological stations;
- Measurement of the vertical thermohaline and optical structure of the sea from surface to bottom at hydrological stations;
The spatial scales and vertical structure of water masses on the shelf of the Kara Sea in October 2021 were studied.
Estimates of the intensity of the autumn mixing of the desalinated surface layer of the Kara Sea during the period of falling river runoff and the beginning of ice formation have been obtained.
The circulation of the Framovskaya and Barents Sea branches of the Atlantic waters in the northern part of the St. Anna Trough has been clarified.
The staff of our laboratory took part in the voyage: A.A. Osadchiev, A.S. Gordey, E.V. Yakushev, A.V. Berezina, I.A. Zhdanov, M.O. Novikov, O.S.Mekhova.