The 58th cruise of the research vessel "Akademik Ioffe"
In August-September 2021, the 58th cruise of the research vessel "Akademik Ioffe" to the Arctic took place.
The purpose of the voyage was to train a young personnel reserve in the field of marine sciences under the scientific and educational program "Floating Universities" based on the study of water masses on the shelf and continental slope of the Kara Sea
A study was carried out of the thermohaline structure and dynamics of waters in various water areas of the Kara Sea: the Kara Gates, the Ob Bay and the Yenisei Gulf, the St. Anna Trough in August 2021
1. Measurement of the vertical thermohaline structure of the sea from surface to bottom at hydrological stations;
2. Taking water samples at various vertical horizons at hydrological stations;
3. Measurement of the temporal variability of the thermohaline structure of the sea from the surface to the bottom at anchored stations;
4. Measurement of the thermohaline structure of the sea surface layer in the direction of the vessel's movement;
5. Measurement of depth and meteorological data along the movement of the vessel.
The staff of our laboratory took part in the voyage: A.A. Osadchiev, A.V. Berezina, I.A. Zhdanov.